AIR SUSPENSION BROKEN

2001 Lincoln Navigator

Suspension problem
2001 Lincoln Navigator V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 147000 miles

My wife just called and said that the air suspension is no longer working on the 01 navigator. The vehicle is " low riding" she says. I also think she said the compressor, which has been making a rumbling noise ever since I bought the vehicle at 59k, isn't working. Could this be a simple fix of replacing the compressor, or are there other components that could be broken and come into play?

I need the least expensive route. Would love to donate but I am broke - like a lot of folks.

thanks
Priestf

Could be the compressor if its been making noises. Make sure its getting power to turn on which with them low definetely would be gettign signal to turn on with vehicle running. If its getting signal and compressor isnt turning on it needs replacement. The compressor normally doesnt last the life of the vehicle

Blackop555
Sometimes, when these bigger compressors go bad, they pull allot of amps which often is too much for the little solid state relay to handle. While replacing the relay " MAY" get it working again, if the compressor isn't replaced also, the replacement relay will die in a short time because the root cause was not addressed.

To see if the compressor is possibly locked up, try putting power and a ground to it and see if it comes alive. If it doesn't work at all, you " may" get away with just replacing the compressor.

BLUECOLLAR