AIR RIDE SYSTEM

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII

Suspension problem
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

In the AM when I go to use the car the front end is down. I turn on the motor wait a few minutes and the front end rises and I get a message to check the air ride system. I have no other problems the rest of the dayl
I brought the car to the dealer and he said he could fix it for $2000. I left, any other alternatives that I could afford which isn't very muck
Petera

It would have been helpful to know what the trouble code is! You can try here for cheaper parts and advice than the Dealer

Merlin2021
Your codes or problem areas can only be. Control module, by the glove box, the front air solenoids at the top of the air bags, the compressor dryer inside front passenger wheel well, compressor relay on the bracket for the compressor. All of these can be bought cheap at a wrecking yard and replaced by you.

Lynn backhuus
Not correct! Junk yard parts for air suspension is hit or miss, some of these lincolns are there BECAUSE of the suspension. Also you missed the air lines, they are also a big problem where the run through the car and frame, they rub, and get holes.

Merlin2021