CAR SHUTS OFF INTERMITTINGLY AFTER RU

1991 Lincoln Mark VII

1991 Lincoln Mark VII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 142564 miles

sometimes car will run fine but after running or driving bit it will just shut off. Will turn over and wont start. It gets spark but no fuel. I believe it is a relay possible the fuel pump relay. What really stumps me is, that I can start the car by holding the key forward just back from the starter engaging but when I do that none of the componentsin the car work( blinkers, radio, heater, wipers, etc.).
Fabian0601

If it cranks and runs with the ignition switch in the wrong possition, it would seem that is your problem.
IGNITION SWITCH Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove steering column shroud. Remove steering column trim cover. Disconnect ignition switch electrical connector. Turn lock cylinder to RUN position. Remove ignition switch. To install, reverse removal procedure. Page 1 of 1 STEERING COLUMN SWITCHES -1991 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5/3/2009

Merlin2021