AIR BAG SUSPENSION

1987 Lincoln Mark VII

1987 Lincoln Mark VII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 77,000 miles

My 1987 Lincoln Mark VII is running some kind of motor sound in the front drivers side under the hood after I turn off the engine. It continues to run till the battery is dead the next morning. The check suspension light is on and my car is not even. I've replaced 3 batterys in the past year. HELP
Cheroll

First of all, would need more info. As several scenarios could be playing out here.

If the problem is in the air suspension. Keep in mind that the module(brain) has power to make any adjustments for an hour after shutdown. Anytime after that and the modules' internal clock maybe bad -OR- if the compressor is running OVER 90 seconds, the problem maybe the compressor relay(fairly cheap fix=$25-$40). If it just runs for a short while. But comes on and off, you may have a leak in the system.

Another possibility is that the problem is in the Teves brake system and that you have 2 seperate problems. If the relay for the Teves systems hydraulic motor sticks, it will run all the time. As long as their power in the battery.

BLUECOLLAR