ALTERNATOR

2001 Lincoln LS

2001 Lincoln LS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 93000 miles

can you tell me where the alternator is located and how to install
Aukeleb

Follow positive battery cable if you have trouble finding alternator.

Install the alternator harness connectors, then install the alternator. Tighten the bolts in sequence as follows: A. Step 1: Tighten bolt No. 1 to 35 ft. Lbs. (48 Nm)
B. Step 2: Tighten bolt No. 2 to 15 ft. Lbs. (20 Nm) plus 90 degrees
C. Step 3: Tighten bolt No. 3 to 35 ft. Lbs. (48 Nm)

Install or connect the following: Lower splash shield

Accessory drive belt

Air intake tube

Negative battery cable

Please note the following specifications: A. Generator B+ wire nut to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).

B. Generator lower mounting nut and bolt. Tighten to 33 ft. Lbs. (45 Nm).

C. Generator upper mounting bolt. Tighten to 15 ft. Lbs. (21 Nm).

D. Left hand A/C suction line lower bracket bolt. Tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).

Bluelightnin6
Its under the car on the passenger side remove small splash guard there are three bolts top goes all the way through bottom two thread in there is a plastic clip on a gray metal 3/4" line I believe a/c line remove that to make it easier, the tension pulley is in the middle closer to driver side you need to remove the air intake tube at the top to get to it, it helps if you have second set of hand for help. Make sure to remove the negative cable from the battey before you start. Its a very tight fit for the alternator to come out but it will, the motor will shift slightly side to side a three foot pry bar helps to shift the motor over to put the new one in hope that works for you had same problem just changed mine four days ago

Deon1414