HEAD LIGHTS

1994 Lincoln Continental

1994 Lincoln Continental 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

He my problem is my headlights are aways on even if my ignition is at off, I have to remove the fuse because the headlights stays on and I have a magic eye for headlights to come on when it gets dark

Please I hope you can help me
thanks in advance
Led
Ledzeppelin

The autolamp system provides automatic on-off control of the headlights in addition to normal headlight switch operation. The system includes a delay feature which keeps the headlights on for a pre-selected time period after ignition is turned off. Major components of the system are a photocell/amplifier assembly, a headlight control relay, and an on-off switch with an integral time delay control (potentiometer).

The headlight switch must be in the OFF position and the autolamp control switch must be in the ON position for automatic operation. The photocell must be exposed to ambient light to operate properly. Time delay can be varied up to 4 1/2 minutes before lights turn off automatically.

Set autolamp control switch to OFF position. Turn headlights on with headlight switch. If lights do not operate, check and correct standard headlight circuit. 3. If standard headlights work okay, check autolamp fuse.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_conty_1.jpg

Merlin2021
Maaaaaaaan. The 1st dude is giving u way 2 much info. On the left side of your dash board where u cut on the lights. There's a black box that thee off & on switch is encased in . It needs 2b replaced. I had lights not cutting off in the pass. I installed a used 1 from the junkyard @ $500 a pop brand new. $50 bucks @ the junkyard is not a bad do ! Lol gd luck ! P.S. Take the cover off the dash 2 expose the screws

Allbrown
Thanks dude brown! Never got any complaints for TOO much info b4!

Merlin2021