HOW TO REMOVE THE FUSE BOX.

2004 Lincoln Aviator

2004 Lincoln Aviator V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 29000 miles

I have a short in the flasher/hazard light cuircuit, I'd like to start troubleshooting for it in the fuse box located in the passenger compartment but I need to know how to remove the fuse box. The flasher relay is located in back of the fuse box. Also, I've been looking for a Chilton or Haynes Repair manual for this vehicle, would you know what ctalog number to look for? Thanks.
Turbalejo

Hello and thanks for donating

Sorry for the delay. First off, you can purchase the Chilton repair manual DVD for around $15, it will be Chilton #1418032026

To remove the fusebox, first disconnect the battery leads. Then remove the front knee panel below the steering wheel for better access. Then you lay on the floor to look up from below. The fuse box is attached by 2 screws. The one on the right side looking up is easily visible while the one on the left side is located up inside on a bracket mounted at the top of the fuse box and is more difficult to get to. Once you get these 2 screws removed, it will be a very tight squeeze but it should come out once you disconnect all the wires from behind.

Bluelightnin6