AIR BAG SENSORS

1995 Lexus SC 400

1995 Lexus SC 400 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 121000 miles

I am repairing a 1995 Lexus SC400 which had a minor driver's side front end collision. Both air bags deployed. After removing the front fender, I removed the driver's side air bag sensor. The sensor appears intact save the plastic case is slightly deformed where it was impacted by a bolt end and the filler material has a surface crack. Also, if you shake it, something is loose inside. I understand it is appropriate to replace sensors after air bag deployment but was curious to learn how one trouble shoots these sensors. Also, when installing a replacement unit, how important is the sensor's orientation to motion, ground height, etc? Lastly, if a sensor is faulty, would new air bags deploy (eventhough no collision) because of the faulty sensor or just display an " Air Bag" message on the instrument cluster? Have a good day.
Mont.auto

My pal at the body shop tells me if any airbag deploys, ALL Airbag(SRS) sensors and modules need to be replaced, you seem to have one with vsible damage and I would not reuse it, airbags cost way too much to try and cheap it!

Merlin2021