BRAKE CONTROLS

2004 Lexus RX 330

Brakes problem
2004 Lexus RX 330 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 49,550 miles

Due to a severe spine injury years ago, a new problem has developed involving use of my legs. Basically, I have no leg strength. I am unable, for example, when in a sitting position, to bring my feet forward & up from a 45 degree angle (hanging down) to parallel with the floor. I know this is scary, but it's necessary for me to physically lift my legs (hand under the calf) and place one foot on the brakes & the other on the gas pedal. The foot on the gas pedal is no problem since it pretty much stays in a constant position with my heel on the floor. The foot on the brake pedal is, since more motion is required, ie, lifting of the foot as you first press & then lift during braking. I have to keep my heel on the floor in an almost-on-the-brake position which quickly becomes tiring. My question: Can a control for the brake, say, something like a paddle, be added on or near the steering column, preferably on the left side since I'm left-handed. Hopefully, this would be an addition to, not in place of, the existing brake pedal. The car does have the auto telescoping steering column. Does such hardware exist? Who should do the conversion? I live just south of Daytona Beach, Fl. Thank you so much for your help.
Bob Kroll
Bob Kroll

I do know special option like hand controls for paraplegics are made for any car, A Google search will probably be helpful, I don't know of any personally but I have been a passenger in such a vehicle. I did a Google and came up with quite a few here's an example:
http://themobilityresource.com/handcontrols.aspx?tmrcid=Google-GMHC&gclid=CNTp_YLpyKMCFUmA5QodV1g7vQ

Merlin2021