BUYING A RX300

2001 Lexus RX 300

2001 Lexus RX 300 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

I'm looking at buying a 2001 RX300 Lexus, I've read that there have been a lot of transmission problems with this car. On the other hand I've read that this is a great car, what can you tell me?
Bsh

I personally havent seen alot of trans issues with those vehicles. It is basically a Camry drivetrain with a different body, and the Camry has proved to be a solid vehicle over the years, very reliable. Just be sure to have the Carfax run and also take it to a reputable shop to have it inspected for any repairs (accidents) that may not have ben claimed (No Carfax report). Look for misaligned body panels, slightly different colored paint, diffeences in the plastic lenses, that sort of thing. All in all, those are reliable vehicles from what I have experienced. If you make a million vehicles, there are bound to be a few mechanical issues in there, just out of sheer numbers

Jack42