HOW TO DO OIL CHANGE RX450H

2010 Lexus RX

2010 Lexus RX 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 50 miles

Alright, I feel silly asking this, but here goes:

how to change the oil in a RX450H, and what tools are needed?

I just got this baby and just about to close on a a house. I've changed oil in older cars 15 yrs ago when I was in high school, but after that lived in apartments with no place to change the oil and no tools. So always paid for it. Now i'm about to get my own place with a garage. Yes! My next action is to get all the tools that I need.

Did some research and read in some forums that the oil filter is not the typical round filter, etc. So, any tips on tools, specs (like bolt torque) and etc, would be greatly appreciated. And yes I have not looked under the car or under the hood yet. My first 10k mile service is free, and I have no tools yet. Shopping for a jack now.

Also does anyone know the recommended torque spec for the wheel bolts and tightening pattern?

Thanks in advance
Yub50

Lug nuts should be torqued to 80-90 ft/lbs. Tightening pattern is a star pattern with the last to be torqued being the wheel lock. The oil filter is a filter with an o-ring that both need to be replaced, it can be bought at any walmart, autozone, o'reilly's etc. The oil filter should be snug but not tight, use a 3/8 ratchet and just tighten til it doesn't move anymore. There is a special tool for getting these filters off, or if you're lucky the 3/8 ratchet should fit into a hole and if the inner piece doesn't spin you can get it off. The oil pan bolt should be torqued to 22-26 ft/lbs or til you can't feel it move anymore, just in case make sure it's on there.

Necessary tools are a 3/8 ratchet, 14mm socket, 10mm socket for the splash guard with optional cordless impact for faster removal, the filter removal tool, a jack, and an oil drain bucket.

FordRacing24
Thanks. That is the information that I was looking for. Holidays are just around the corner. Now I have a shopping list. Thanks for your help.

Yub50