ANTI-SKID ENGAGE

2002 Lexus LX 470

Brakes problem
2002 Lexus LX 470 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 200, 00 miles

My Lexus, without warning, will engage what I believe is the anti-skid feature at about 70 miles per hour. This has happened twice in the last 2 months. It is very alarming and causes me to swerve severely in order to regain control. I drive a lot but am afraid to travel on the highway. Is this a problem with the computer or is it a problem with the brakes? Have you heard of this happening before and can you make a recommendation?

Thanks,
Ernie
Erniek63040

A couple of things to check, Are all of the tires the same size and of the same wear? F they are not exactly the same size tire or if two are new and two are used or if there is a low pressure front to rear the Lexus lx470 will sence the difference in axel speed and think that you are skidding causing the vehicle to react to fix the problem. As this vehicle is all time four wheel drive all of the tires must rotate at the same speed when driving and the faster you go the bigger the difference in axel speed. Also I would check that the locking differential is off. There is a push button on the dash that locks the diff. Solid for off road use if this is on or if it comes on during high speed driving the same problem can occur. There may be a possibility that it is coming on at random due to electronic malfunction. Good Luck.

Renderfuller