MY BATTERY

1992 Lexus LS 400

1992 Lexus LS 400 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 128108 miles

My name is Nick and I own a 1992 Lexus LS400. If I leave my car on without the engine running for about 45 minutes my car will not start. I thought my battery was dead because my over head light seemed a little dim, but the mechanic told me that my battery was fine. Does anyone know what the problem is please let me know.

Thank You.
MOOLexls400

When you say it won't start, does it crank or does it crank slow? If it's a cranking problem, please see below.

For my 91 LS400, I condemned a few batteries before I realized the startor motor itself was bad. Mine lasted almost 200,000 miles. This isn't an easy job. The starter is located in the intake manifold and is a very expensive repair. If you have checked and confirmed all power and grounds are clean and tight, and the battery and alternator are ok, then you probably have a tired starter motor. I, personally, would recommend a new Lexus starter whether you or someone else installes it.

Good luck

- Kevin

KevinsToyotaLexus