CHECK VSC AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2007 Lexus IS 250

2007 Lexus IS 250 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 40,000 miles

In November I took the car to the dealer after the VSC and Check Engine Lights came on. Prior to coming on, I could feel that there was something wrong with the car, sort of if I were driving on a bumpy road. Lights came on and the car was difficult to drive. I pulled over, turned the car off. When I started the car again the lights were gone and the car drove fine. The dealer checked and said that no codes were registered. However, since Christmas it has happened 4 times. The dealership kept it for a few days, drove it around, lights never came on for them, and no codes were registered. The only common denominator for the lights coming on is that it's always after I have driven it long distances and twice they came on shortly after filling up with gas. Dealership says that I should bring it in when the lights come on, but like I said, they only come on when I've driven about 60 miles from home. I am hesitant to drive the car. Have you heard of similar problems? The Lexus dealership had no answers for me.
Johnbrendan

If you have not figured out the problem yet its probably carbon build up. When carbon build up and tries to go through your fuel injectors it causes all of those lights to come on. The first time it happened to me it felt like my car was about to cut off in the middle of the highway. The only thing you can do is use a fuel injector cleaner. I used Lucas injector cleaner. It sucks when the carbon breaks off but if you cut the car off as soon as it happens and reset the system it runs like a new car.
I also drive a 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD

Lishi_lexus
I have the same problem, exept I dont have to drive 60 miles, it will do the same thing but almost anytime that I go up any small hill or on a highway. It started off slow and would go away after a engine restart but now it just stayes on. The only way I got rid of the light temporarily was to disconnect the batt but it turned on soon after I took the car for a test drive. When the check engine starts flashing the car acts weak and the revs become lowerd and the speed slowly decreaces, when on a full stop the car is shaking and the rev meter is going from.2 - 1

Charliemalo