POOR RIDE QUALITY ON REAR SUSPENSION

2004 Lexus GX 470

Suspension problem
2004 Lexus GX 470 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

OK. Just new to experience the poor ride quality on GX470 rear air ride suspension. The problem presents with suspension bottoming out, harsh ride, feels like the rear is somewhat tail down from the drivers seat, manipulating the ride height control switch in the cab seems to temporarily cure the ride issue.

To Date:
Vehicle suspension issues started shortly after being rear ended. Dealer found no issue or problem with our vehicle. Only needed rear bumer fascia replaced while the pickup and the beemer were totalled.
Had vehicle in for 100k service with ride complaint again. Dealer replaced both ride height control sensors. No ride improvement.
Dealer noted that the right rear shock is leaking oil at the top and that the tires are nearing replacement. No surprise there but not identified as the culprit.
Dealer can find no air leaks in the rear suspension system yet states that the air bags should be replaced.
This follows a similar pattern in internet searches and is like a systematic parts replacement strategy.
Told the dealer that the recommendation to replace good air bags does not make sense and the problem sounds like a control valve issue. Dealer disagreed but the internet blogs and comments show this to be persistent problem.
Dealer has double checked, adjusted, and measured vehicle for proper set up - all is good but the ride quality is terrible.

I have not found a conculsive thread or blog that consistently identifies what is a long term solution.

Any thoughts?
Madmax46

Madmax46

have you found a resolution to this problem? I just started having the exact problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Janosick