STARTER WONT DISENGAGE

1999 Lexus GS 300

1999 Lexus GS 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

For the past week now it has taken a few tries of the key turn to even get the starter to engage. Once it does and the car is driven for awhile it starts up fine until the next morning again. Today though the starter wouldnt shut off after I shut the car off. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop and when I reconnect the battery it keeps trying to turn over. Do I need to replace the silonoid or the starter or is it a different issue all together?
Searschris

Can be starter, ignition switch, or relay, when the car starts, the starter grinds?

Merlin2021
It doesnt grind when starting. Just when I turn off the car, the starter stays engaged and wants to start the engine.

Searschris
I would take the starter out, or better yet, drive to Autozone and have them test the starter, I believe they can do it in or out of the car. Pull in windings may be fried.

Merlin2021