GLOVE BOX TENSION DEVICE

2004 Lexus ES 330

2004 Lexus ES 330 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 33,000 miles

I recently installed a new cabin air filter. When I disassembled the components to allow me to get into the filter, the glove box door tension device fell into the space to the right, rear of the door. Upuo reassembly of the glove box door, I find I don't konow how to reassemble the tension device. Does the Philips head screw go thru hole C? If not which hole, A or B? In addition does the tension device get mounted with the rib up or down?

THanks for your help.
Cimcor@msn.com

Hi cimcor,

Thanks for the donation.

Hope the diagram is what your are looking for.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_LexusE330GloveBox01_1.jpg

.

Where does the other end of the piston attach? The whole piston fell out when I removed the two holding pins. I can't find where the top part of the piston attaches.

Djcloud
I made a donation, how come you won't respond to my question?
Djcloud

Djcloud
Did you disconnect the top part or did it come off by itself?

Fixitmr
It came off by itself and I looked but could not figure out where it was supposed to connect.

Thanks!

Djcloud
So there is no clue as to what was holding it on?

Fixitmr
No, and there is no obvious place where the top attaches. That I can see.

Djcloud
I will have to wait until I get home from work to check it. They block youtube here at work. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thank you for hanging with me on this issue. I will be back to you tomorrow

Djcloud
What I found so far is the end that came off just clips on whatever that means, since I dont know what the other end looks like.

Fixitmr
Page 1 of 2