RANGE RED BRAKE LIGHT IS ON AFTER REPLACING THE

2004 Rover Range Rover

2004 Range Rover 61000 miles

Hi,

I just replaced the front PADs on my 2004 Range Rover. I used the old sensor since it was still in a good shape. My rear PADs are still good. I expected that my warning Brake light will go off, but it did not. Is this something that is set and need a code through the computer to turn it off? What do you think is the cause of this? What could I do to have this turn off? What is the remedy?
Moerski

Ok first is the brake fluid to the full mark? Is the parking brake handle all the way down? These can also turn on that light. Let me know what you find.

Racefan966
Hi,

Thank you for your reply to my questions. I checked the two items, brake fluid level and emergency brake and both are OK.
Is it possible that the needs a code to reset this warning?
Could this be because the old sensor that I kept is no good?

Thanks.

Moerski
It could be the old sensor but cant be sure at this point. Do you have a digital multi meter to run a couple of tests?

Racefan966
Hi,

I do have a Multi Meter, but it is not digital. Can it work?

Moerski
Is it battery operated? See digital or battery operated are easier on the computer so let me know and we will do a couple of test to see what we can find.

Racefan966
Hi,

It is a small batter operated that I use for Voltage or Resistance or batter checking. Let me know what kind of test you want to perform.

Moerski
Ok which light is on the brake light or the abs light? Get back to me so we can do the right tests.

Racefan966