RANGE AIR SUSPENSION FAILS ON SETTLE DOWN

2001 Rover Range Rover

Suspension problem
2001 Range Rover V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 83000 miles

I have 22 inch tires and the air suspension has lost all air and pressure and the wheel wells are sitting on the tires. How can I manually add air to the air suspension system to raise the vehicle back up. I am definitely going to coil springs after this situation. Can I use an air pump to the battery and inject air into the air suspension system to raise the vehicle back up. Is their a connection under the hood where I can inject air to raise the vehicle back up. I appreciate the help.

Stibler

Hello .. thanks for the donation ... much appreciated !!

Air System Faulty Or Inoperative
Check and replace EAS system fuse F44 (10-amp) located in engine compartment fuse box. If fuse blows again or fuse is okay, check wiring for an open or short. See WIRING DIAGRAMS .
Check and replace instrument panel height control or inhibit switch fuse F17 (10-amp) located in Body Electrical Control Module (BECM). If fuse blows again or fuse is okay, check wiring for an open or short. See WIRING DIAGRAMS .
EAS air compressor is inoperative. Ensure EAS air compressor electrical connector is clean and tight. Check and replace maxifuse No. 2 (30-amp) located in engine compartment fuse box. If fuse blows again or fuse is okay, check wiring for an open or short. See WIRING DIAGRAMS .
If EAS air compressor operates continuously, check and replace EAS air compressor relay RL20 located in engine compartment fuse box. If relay is okay, check wiring harness for a short. See WIRING DIAGRAMS .
If the EAS delay timer relay fails with a closed circuit, the EAS system will be powered, causing battery to be drained. Check EAS delay timer relay located under the left front side. Replace EAS delay timer relay.
If there is loss of EAS system air pressure, check for a leaking air spring, or a leaking or faulty air spring diaphragm. Check EAS system air harness connections and lines for damage, scoring or leaks. Air spring is not repairable. If it is leaking, air spring must be replaced.
Check for damaged height sensor linkage or linkage mount. Repair or replace components as necessary.
A faulty height control switch could result in vehicle height remaining at last height setting until ignition is turned off. A faulty inhibit switch could result in vehicle height not operating automatically between standard height and low height positions. Use Land Rover TestBook to confirm either switch. Replace switch or repair wiring harness as necessary.

Hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_582.png

Dave H