BACK HATCH DOOR WON'T OPEN

2003 Land Rover Other

Sounds like the lock mechanism is jammed and needs replacing. Most good repair shops will be able to carry out this repair
Dave H

Interior problem
2003 Land Rover V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 60,000 miles

Hi,
My husband and I have a problem with the back door on our Landrover. We have had it with no problem for 2 years. We recently opened it and put something in the back and shut it, it was a little too close for it to close and so we moved the item back a little and closed it with no problem. When my husband tried to open the door again, the handle won't even squeeze and the door appears as if it is locked but it isn't. We tried to open from the inside handle but it won't open that way either.
Any suggestions as what might have happened before we take it to the dealer which is about 2 hours from us?
Thanks so much,
Carla from Vermont

Carla53

Dave H