ROVER MODELS

1998 Land Rover Other

Brakes problem
1998 Other Rover Models All Wheel Drive Automatic

reset ABS light
Bleesrls

Hi there,

You will need to do a scan and identify the fault in the ABS system, fix this then you will be able to clear the code and the light will go out, Post the code for more assistance.

Mhpautos
Thanks for your reply Mark. I left out vital info, apologies. I got a code for 2 14 which I found out was a fault in the LF speed sensor. A new one has been ordered. I was wondeing wheter the light will reset itself if this is the fix.
Thanks again.

Bleesrls
Yes it should, but you will have to go in and clear the fault from the memory so you don't go chasing false codes next time you do a scan.

Mhpautos
Again much thanks. Installed the sensor today. Got a 4 14 this time. The description for this code is still LHF sensor. I went for a test drive, the light went out. Made a few emergency stops to ensure the ABS activated, it did. All seems well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Bleesrls