REAR AIR SUSPENSION

1999 Land Rover Discovery 2

Suspension problem
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 Four Wheel Drive Manual 142000 miles

i have a problem with the vehicle wandering, especially at speed. Even in a straight line, I am constantly having to trim (adjust) the steering.

i do not think it is the steering, I think its the suspension. All of the vehicle has been checked and ok'd by its annual inspection.

the only other difference is that a previous owner removed the rear air suspension and fitted normal coil springs with a standard conversion kit

i am tempted to remove the coil springs and fit a proper conversion kit back to air suspension but berore I do, I want to know if it will make much difference
Gordon664

The rear suspension will not generally cause the vehicle to wander on the road. !

Dave H
Thanks for the reply, its my brother in laws discovery 2.

So its probably not the suspension then. He was of the opinion it was a botch conversion to springs job.

What else can cause the wandering?

Gordon664

Gordon664
Check front tyre condition/balance and alignment . Also check front suspension mounting's/bushing's and ball joints etc.. You could also check front brake pads are not sticking !

Dave H
Hi

thanks for the help by the by.

Is'nt all that checked by the mot? If it passes the mot, that lot should be ok?

Maybe not!

Gordon664

Gordon664
Wheel alignment and balance are not checked on MOT.

Dave H