ENGINE SHUTS OFF

1997 Land Rover Discovery

Engine problem
1997 Land Rover V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

I recently purchased a 1997 Land Rover Discovery.
Soon as I bought it I was experiencing the car turning off as I slowed to stop. Went back to the dealer and they suggested I give it a tune up since they removed one of the spark plugs and found they were old already. Tune up went good, drove it around for a couple of days without a hitch then I drove it to work, got on the freeway and as I slowed to a stop in traffic the engine would shut off. It did it all the way until I parked at work. The next time I drove it after work it did not do it again at all. It drove fine all the way. When the mechanic did the tune up he changed the plugs, fuel filter and something else. But he did not change the wires on the plugs. You think maybe this is what causing this problem still or is the engine misfiring?
Dave H

Replace the plug wire and check/replace the CMP (camshaft position) and CKP (crankshaft position) sensors

Dave H