ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION CONTRO

1997 Land Rover Discovery

Computer problem
1997 Land Rover Discovery V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 257000 miles

My car is in workshop since 5 days. Petrol is flooding the engine. Fuel injector seems to be OK. Car is starting but petrol fills and mixes with oil. Mechanic asked me to get a spare one from the junk yard. I got one for around 150$. My question is will it work? I can return it if it does not work. Do you have any other answer for the above problem?
BMABDULLAH

Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel pressure regulator is located in fuel rail at rear of the engine. It consists of a fuel inlet, outlet, vacuum port and internal diaphragm. Regulated fuel pressure varies depending on intake manifold vacuum acting on fuel pressure regulator diaphragm. As vacuum increases, regulated fuel pressure is reduced. Fuel pump pressure should be 35-38 psi (2.4-2.6 kg/cm2 ). By maintaining constant fuel pressure, quantity of fuel injected for a given duration of injector on-time, remains constant.
Excess fuel is returned to fuel tank. Fuel pressure regulator failure will cause a rich mixture at idle and a normal mixture at full load, or engine flooding, or a leak mixture. Fuel pressure regulator failure will not illuminate MIL, but other faults caused by failure may illuminate MIL.

Dave H