CHARGING

1998 Land Rover Defender

1998 Land Rover Defender 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive

Hi I was wondering if I could keep a charger in my vehicle to recharge my second battery at the end of the day. It ill be isolated from the car and other battery durng charge. The cherger will be isolated during normal operation it will be fixed in place in vehichle
Grub72

HI there,

You don't need a second charger, you can set the second battery up to charge off the alternator and have an isolator switch fitted so it wont discharge through the first battery, your mechanic or auto electrician can set this up for you.

Mhpautos
Yeh thanks I all ready have duel system fitted but as I only travel 10 minutes a day to and from work it does not run long enough to top it up so this is how I intend to top it up at night thanks for your advice

Grub72
Hi there,

You can get a solar trickle charger as as well, this will keep it topped up all the time, your spar parts shop should be able to get one for you.

Mhpautos
I think its always advisable to have a spare battery especially when you are on long journeys. This could save you on a bad day. Keeping it separate from the normal car system protects it and the vehicle too.

Best adwords
choosehottubsdirect. Com

Simslaughter