TEMP RUNNING HOT

2000 Kia Sportage

2000 Kia Sportage 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

The timing went out on my car had it replaced twice because the second time it ate the edge toward the engine and stopped. I had a valve job done on it and replaced the water pump and radiator, thermostat and belts. The car runs but the water from the radiator begins to come up when I turned the car on and was checking the water level and making sure the new water pump was circulating the water but it started to slowly come up and over. The car is also coding a P1115. The temperature does not indicate hot.
Amen8462

Hi amen8462. Welcome to the forum. The coolant will expand a lot when it gets hot. That's why there is an overflow reservoir. That's where you should be checking the level. The radiator cap keeps the system sealed and maintains up to 15 pounds of pressure on it. That increases the boiling point of the water to 256 degrees. If you want to verify the coolant is circulating, feel the temperature of the upper radiator hose near the radiator, not near the engine. Also check the air temperature from the heater. If it is hot, coolant is circulating.