DEALERSHIP CAN'T DUPLICATE PROBLEM

2004 Kia Spectra

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Kia Spectra Automatic 59,200 miles

I have a 2004 Kia Spectra. On hot days, the air conditioner will shut off after about 30 minutes on max air, but this is an intermittent problem. When the air conditioner stops, I can feel cool air around the vents, but it doesn't blow out. Taken it to the dealership multiples times (because it's covered by their 60 month/60,000 warranty). They can't " duplicate" the problem while they have it. Now I feel like they are wanting me to drive it out of the warranty without fixing it. Talked to a friend mechanic and he says it sound like a faulty high pressure switch that cuts the car off when it is over-heating. Does this sound correct? Any ideas on tricks to get my car to " duplicate" the problem while at the dealership? Thanks.
Hbr533

I would do the driving for 30 min or so before I take it in and ask the service manger to check it when you get there and then you leave it with them after he seen it and knows what are you talking about

possible car getting to hot coolant fan not cooling it enough so high side pressure get dangerously high causing it to fail

BMRFIXIT
Does it shut off when using the heater? Blower is all that turns off?

Call the dealership ahead of time and tell them frankly you are on your way over there, and when the problem starts they are going to get into your vehicle take it for a drive and witness it themselves or they will start throwing parts at it and fix it.

Blackop555
No, the blower doesn't turn off when I use the heater, just on hot days and on max air. I've tried to take it up to the dealership when it's not been working, but I leave about 30 minutes away and it's not always feasible. Main scare now is that warranty will run out while they sit on there hands saying they can't fix it without seeing the problem directly. Also worried that this problem (since it is only occasional now) may develop into a bigger problem or cause other things to go wrong. I haven't been asking them to do anything extreme, but I don't think it's unreasonable for them to at least try something to repair it.

Hbr533
How about if you ask them to documenting it and how many times you complained about it so if they all of sudden find the problem the day after your warranty expired you have something from them saying they didn t find it 1st when you start asking

watch the heating gauge

BMRFIXIT