CAR QUESTION

2001 Kia Spectra

2001 Kia Spectra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 81000 miles

Hello. : )
I'll try to be brief so I can include my car's history(maybe its related)
1. Shift lock sticks after driving off lot (sticks to this day solved with a screw driver)
2. 50,000 - miles Issues with transmission/reverse - has trouble locking into reverse to this day. I put it in neutral and then back into reverse and it goes in gear
3. 65,000 car suddenly started making very loud clanking noise. A friend from work realized that a fan had shimmied loose and was banging up against the radiator. I believe he secured it with some sort of silicone glue?
4. My current concern At around 75,000 miles, I was on a road trip about 1 hour into my 2hour trip and my kia suddenly started skipping almost like it was losing power. I stopped for a minute and it quit for a short while but continued skipping after getting warm again. If I drive at around 55mph and it doesnt happen. I'm assuming it has something to do with the engine getting hot.
Took it to the dealer. They hooked it up to the computer and found nothing? Except that my timing belt was worn. Replaced that. $500+
Finally attempted another 2hr trip, Still having the issue! Took it back and they STILL could find no problem! (Probably because the engine cooled off while i'm standing there talking to them)?
So it only happens on trips, fine if I drive slow(without the AC!) (Started during the summer)

I've looked this up online and found lots of leads but still clueless and afraid to drive out of the city. : (

Two other things: I once ran out of gas and had to have the spark plug coils replaced? Could it be my fuel system?
Also, occasionally I notice a gurgling sound when starting the car. Is it a water pump issue causing the engine to overheat?

Thanks so much for reading this far.
Any info would be appreciated.
Have a great day. : )
JennaJan

Have them check fuel pressure at WOT (wide open throttle) suspect fuel pump?

Dave H