UNUSUAL CAR NOISES

2005 Kia Sorento

Noises problem
2005 Kia Sorento 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 72900 miles

My car makes a noise like something is caught in my fan and rattling around. But it does not do it all of the time. When it does happen it is usually while I am accelerating. When I am stopped like at a light it makes a thumping noise like something is trying to make it's way through my floorboard. I have had a mechanic look at and it is not something they have heard before. But they did say that it could be my car is not getting enough oil pressure. I have since had my oil changed and also be something in suggested by Meineke to help lubircate things. It was not an oil cleaner but they used it in place of a quart of oil and a flush was not needed to use this product. Can you please help?

Hunnyb

Ok: I have no idea what Meineke did. What you described doesn't make sense to me. My first guess, based on your description is an exhaust problem. The banging under the car could be caused by a loose exhaust bumping the frame. The ratteling you hear could be from a heat shield or the internal parts in the catylatic converter could be loose causing it. Take a rubber mallot and tap on the system to see if you can duplicate the sound. Also, make sure you do it when the car is cold. Move the exhaust with your hand or foot to see if it is loose.

Let me know what you find. Also, can you redescribe what Meineke did? I really don't understand.

Let me know.