CHANGING THE MASTER CYLINDER

2001 Kia Sephia

Brakes problem
2001 Kia Sephia Front Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

Hey, I am going to attempt to change my master cylinder and I was wandering about a couple of things.
1. When I suck the fluid out of the brake fluid reservoir, do I have to immediately refill the fluid, or do I wait until I put the new one on? Your site seemed to indicate to refill the fluid in the old reservoir, but I wanted to check to see for sure.
2. Also, whats the best way for me, a non-mechanic, to lift my car so that I can access the brake fluid to bleed it? Should I maybe take it to a mechanic so they can lift the car up, or would I have to purchase something to pick it up?

Thanks for the help!
Lauren

PS If your information is useful, I will donate to your site.
Grovelauren

Buy, beg or borrow 4 axle stands and a good trolley jack !

MASTER CYLINDER

REMOVAL
Disconnect battery ground cable.
Disconnect brake fluid level switch connectors.
Disconnect two brake line cap lines and plug master cylinder ports to prevent entry of contaminants.
NOTE: Do not allow brake fluid to contact painted surfaces. If it does, flush with water and wipe off immediately.

Remove two brake master cylinder nuts.
Remove brake master cylinder.
INSTALLATION
If a new brake master cylinder is being installed, adjust master vacuum to master cylinder push rod.
Position the master cylinder on the master vacuum and install two brake master cylinder nuts.
Tighten two brake master cylinder nuts.
Tightening torque: 7~12 lb. Ft (9.8~16 N.M, 1.0~1.6 kg.M)
Connect two brake lines.
Tighten brake line flare nuts to specification.
Tightening torque: 9~16 lb. Ft (13~22 N.M, 1.3~2.2 kg.M)
Connect brake fluid level switch connectors.
Bleed brakes.
Connect battery ground cable.

Dave H