REPLACE TIMING BELT

2005 Kia Sedona

2005 Kia Sedona 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 67000 miles

Replacing timing belt on 3.5 L V6 in KIA Sedona. Cannot remove belt until the motor mount which bolts to the block is removed. There are 4 3-1/2 bolts that are visible but the mount seems firmly attached yet. Mitchell " On Demand 5" software in my computer does not deal with removal procedure of mount. Must be another bolt.
Leecshmn28

I read my original request for assistance in removing the timing belt on the forum, and the reply was to buy a repair manual from " Mitchell 1" for $19.95. That is not a satisfactory solution since I have given you a donation of $10.00 believing you were knowledgeable enough to be able to solve my problem. Yes you may refund my money.

Leecshmn28
Our tech is researching your problem and will reply shortly. We have refunded your donation.

2CarPros Mike
If you have a jack under the engine taking the weight off the mount it should come off if all bolts are out. Mitchell doesnt say anything about it. Sometimes they have a pin for locating purposes to align the mount and it can become stuck on it. Try tapping it with a hammer to see if it frees up

Jack42
On these engines the bracket for the motor mount has a hidden bolt holding it in. It is not mentioned in Mitchell and is difficult to see at first. You need to loosen the alternator completely and move it out of the way - than there is a 14mm bolt that goes in (from front of car towards the rear).
Once that bolt is removed - the bracket will come right out.

Happy wrenching!
The Wrench Wench.

Wrench Wench