KIA RIO ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Kia Rio

2004 Kia Rio 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 50,000 miles

my check engine light came on, my car was running fine yesterday, and this morning I started it up and it started to shake, and wanted to stall out. My gas was low, my check engine light went out, while I was driving, and than came back on again I put gas in it the check engine light is still on, right now the car engine is running smooth, I did check the manual and it says it could be emmissions what does that mean? What could be wrong. That the manual is not telling me.
Windyblue

The manual is not meant to be specific. Check engine light can mean hundreds of things based on the information that the computer gathers from all the sensors all over the vehicle. What you need to do is to have the computer scanned for codes. Autozone offers free code scanning. Once you get the codes, please post the code NUMBERS here, and we will help diagnose.

Zackman