LIGHT AND WARNING BELL FAILURE

2001 Kia Rio

2001 Kia Rio 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

2 days ago on my way home, my headlights failed. It was still daylight, so I did not realize this until I parked in my garage. At this time, the parking lights and break lights were working. I turned the engine off, and restarted. The headlights would work, but no running parking lights (they do blink with turn signal), no brake lights, no instrument illumination, and no warning bell when lights are on. I checked the fuses, and from what I can tell, with out removing each fuse and looking closely, the fuses are still good. I, however, did not check any of the larger gray fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Two weeks ago, the parking lot at work flooded, and there was 2 inches of water in my car for an hour or so.
Kwraderkw

Hi kwraderkw,

If your car was flooded, most probably some relays are faulty due to presence of water vapor causing corrosion and rust. You need to clean all the wiring connecters that is at floor level. And might have to replace relays that have been flooded.