SEDONA 3.5 LT SERPENTINE BELT HOW TO TAKE TENSION O

2002 Kia Other

Well it looks like none of you so called car mechanics knows any thing about kia sedonas. Something as easy as taking the tension off the altenator belt stumps you all. Thanks for nothing : twisted: : evil: : : cry: :
Fscharlie

There is a speciality tool actually to take the tension of this belt. You can also do it the " old fashioned way" and alow only 1/2 inch of play with moderate pressue at the longest part of the belt(between the compressor and the crank pulley if I remember correctly)
If you experiencing some kind of problem like noise or altinator not charging bring it back to the dealer their are a few " bulletins" or " improvements I've heard about for these problems.

Cody-ody
Under the pully is a bolt, and then losen the nut on the pully the bolt on the bottom will make the pully go up and down. Thats how you do it

Mauiboy