GAS SMELL INSIDE CAR

Kia Other

Just bought a used 2002 Kia Sportage, 63K mi, smelled gas really bad inside, took it back to dealer, they replaced all fuel injector hoses and orings, still smell it sometimes when heater is on, mostly notice it when I come to a stop. It smells in front, not in back. Do new orings and hoses take time to break in, should I give a couple more days? Also, I now here a squealing, almost alarm sounding, noise from the engine, someone told me it could be my water pump going out, and another told me it could just be that some belts need dressed. What do you think? I've only owned it for a little over 2 weeks and have only had it in my possession for about 1 week, have I been had? AGH!
Mcnabbl

The fuel smell should dissipate with time unless they have not found the source.

The squeeling most likely is the belts and that they have not been tensioned properly OR they have become glazed and need replacing.

Bruce Hunt