RIO 62K - REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

2002 Kia Other

The defroster just stopped working completely. The light in the dashboard still goes on when I push in the button, but the window stays cold. Is this an easy fix?
Sheabelle

Does the air blow out of the top vent? Most defrosters work on the a/c system not heat.

Jack42
Sorry, I didn't put that it was the rear defroster in the body of the message. The front one is fine. Any ideas?

Sheabelle
Need to check for power and graound at the rear defroster motor with the switch on

Jack42
Thanks, but I don't really understand what that means. I looked in my owner's manual and it really doesn't tell me much about where things are located. How do I check for power and ground? Where do I look for the motor? And by " switch" do you just mean to have hte button pushed in?

Sheabelle
Sorry bout that. The defroster should be a heated wire in the glass. Has the rear window been tinted? They unplug them so the tint doesnt melt. There should be two wires near the bottom of the window, 1 power and 1 ground. You will need a test light or DVOM meter to test either one of them

Jack42