ADJUST HEADLIGHTS

2004 Kia Optima

2004 Kia Optima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 122000 miles

How do I correctly adjust the headlights on my 2004 kia optima?
Lockmanmd

HEADLIGHT AIMING
HEADLAMP
The headlamps should be aimed with the proper beam setting equipment, and in accordance with the equipment manufacture's instructions.
Fig. 5: Illustrating Headlamp Adjustments
Courtesy of KIA MOTORS AMERICA, INC.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_kia_12.jpg

NOTE:If there are any regulations pertinent to the aiming of headlamps in the area where the vehicle is to be used, adjust so as to meet those requirements.

Alternately turn the adjusting bolts to adjust the headlamp aiming. If beam setting equipment is not available, proceed as follows:
Inflate the tires to the specified pressure and remove any loads from the vehicle except the driver, spare tire, and tools.
The vehicle should be placed on a flat floor.
Draw vertical lines (Vertical lines passing through respective headlamp centers) and a horizontal line (Horizontal line passing through center of headlamps) on the screen.
With the headlamp and battery in normal condition, aim the headlamps so the brightest portion falls on the horizontal and vertical lines.
Make vertical and horizontal adjustments to the lower beam using the adjusting wheel.

Dave H