BRAKE NOISE

2003 Kia Optima

Brake problem
2003 Kia Optima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

I have a squealing(sounds like metal on metal) when braking. I have replaced the rotors and pads and before I change the Caliper I would like any ideas of what it could be.

I jacked up the car and took it up to 60mph then braked without any noise.

I had this noise before the pads/rotor change.

Left Front wheel.
Jaded318

Do you only hear the noise when using the brakes?

Yes.

Jaded318
What I need you to do is check is this. There are sensors on the brake pads that are designed to notify you when the brake pads are low and in need of replacement. THe steel sensor touches the rotor and makes an annoying squealing sound (metal on metal). Check yours to see if by accident it has been bent and making contact with the rotor. Also, check the backing plate behind the rotor to see if it is bent and rubbing the rotor. Finally, if everything is good, they make a product that is a brake silencer. It is a liquid that you put on the back of the brake pads. It dries quickly and absorbs the vibration from braking stopping the noise. I'm not permitted to provide brands. We are not here to permote products. But, if you contact a parts store, they will know what you need.

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.