ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT WILL NOT START

1998 Jeep Wrangler

1998 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 88000 miles

Engine was running fine with no problems when it suddenly stalled and would not restart. Gas tank is 1/2 full. After towing home I performed the basic checks and could not find any obvious problems. I checked for spark at the plugs and could not confirm spark was present. I then checked for spark coming out of the coil and did not find any there as well. I checked out the coil resistence and the primary was below the acceptable level (almost a dead short) and the secondary was within range. I replaced the coil and also the plugs since I was in the neighborhood. Still no spark and no engine start. I changed the Crank Position Sensor and still no change.
Where do I go from here? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
Dbrown266

Have you scanned the car for engine codes?
Check for power at the coil with the key on.
Is your security light flashing?
If a wrong key was used sometimes security system wont allow the car to start until the right key is inserted.

2CarPros Mike
Check for power going into the coil and also inspect and test the camshaft poisitoning sensor in the distributor. Could also be coming from the computer's coil driver-

I do not have any power going to the coil when the key is turned on. Security light is not flashing. I do not have the ability to check for codes.

Dbrown266
Inspect and test the auto shutdown relay ( ASD relay ) it powers the coil and injectors and fuel pump thru its relay-

No power to coil while cranking engine. No fuel pressure at relief valve after cranking. Horn, fuel pump adn ASD relay appear to be same part number. I swapped them around and had the same results. Anything else I should check before giving in and taking it to the shop? Thanks.

Dbrown266
Check for power at and thru the ignition switch.

2CarPros Mike
Triple check the ASD relay for power and follow thru with the suggestion on the ignition switch

Check these fuses see below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_fuses_2.jpg