98 S10 4.3 CRANKS BUTWON'T START

1998 Jeep Other

Hello all, I have a 98 S10 4.3 Engine with 1700 miles that I installed in a Jeep. Engine was running rough with Cam Sensor Pending Fault and misfires, so I swapped out the Cam Sensor inside the distributor cap. When I put the cap back on, it will not start any longer. It cranks over, but will notstart. Sounds like mild backfires coming from exhaust. I was very careful to install the rotor on correctly and the 3 wires I removed. The rotor will only go on 1 way anyways. Any ideas of what might have gone wrong? I pulled each plug and am getting spark to each one. Seems like plenty of gas. I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
Dan
Dandevine

Is the whole harness and computer in it?

CHEVYII
Hi ChevyII,
Yes, the Engine was removed from an S10 that rolled over. The Harness and computer were sent to a company to be re-programmed for the Jeep and the Harness modified to remove some of the extra stuff (Airbags, etc.). The engine was running great, but was throwing a pending p0700 transmission, and p0011 Cam Position sensor. The S-10 had an Automatic, but it is now mated to a T-5 and the computer was flashed to expect a standard, so I don't understand the p0700. I was swapping the cam sensor in an effort to TS the p0011 when the no start condition came up. The jeep was running great, but sat for a while and now when I drive it I get p0300 (Random misfires). When I get it started again, I will probably clean the injectors. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Dan

Dandevine