MODELS ENGINE RATTLING

2001 Jeep Other

2001 Other Jeep Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 159000 miles

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 with 159000 miles there is a rattling on my engine when I start it up then it goes off. When I rev up the engine to 3000 rpm the engine starts to rattle. A friend of mine told me it might be that I put bad quality of gas so he recommend me to put a fuel system cleaner but didnt work. Another friend told me it was the oil pump since I was losing oil pressure. The oil I used is 10w30 high milage but my friend told to use 5w30. Im confused right now im afraid to use my truck cause I might break down the engine/
Grandcherokee

Hi there,

The first thing to do is get the oil pressure tested with a master gauge, this will give you a true indication as to the engine oil pressure, have the reading done hot idle, cold idle and hot @ 1500 RPM and report back the readings or ask your mechanic to advise you.

Mhpautos