YELLOW GOOP IN FILLER CAP

2005 Jeep Liberty

Engine problem
2005 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 40,000 miles

hello

I change the oil every 3000k miles. Recently I noticed a yellow goop buildup on the cap and alittle in the filler houseing. I didnt notice any foam or discoloration in the oil that was drained. I recently replace the PVC value and 2 weeks later I noticed the yellow goop again. I heard a number of things that could be wrong: like scavenger hose blockage (not sure if my jeep has this hose), the oil I use is foaming up ( I use penzoil 5w-30), head gaket is leaking ( which I hope is not the case), I also heard it will go away once the weather warms up. I was hopeing you could give me a clearer answer. Thanks for your help
Kevykev14

Sounds like the head gasket to me, to check that take off the radiator carp, fill up the radiator till the fluid doesnt bubble down any more, then start the truck and top it off again, if bubbles keep appearing then your problem is a bad head gasket.

Blackop555