ALARM

2004 Jeep Liberty

Computer problem
2004 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 92750 miles

My 2004 Jeep Liberty has some sort of problem with the alarm. The alarm goes off sometimes when the driver door isn't even locked and I just open it. Is there any way to just turn the alarm off completely? I have no need for it and its getting annoying!
Jana_leigh14

Is it factory installed or is it after market

Jnovack
I just got the jeep, but it was a lease back, so im sure that it would be factory installed.

Jana_leigh14
Chek with dealer to make sure they did come from dealer with alarm if they say it is not factory then under dash driver side there shoud be a black box hiden under therewith a bunch of wires coming out of it going to the ignition module unscew the one bolt remove the adaptor and put back together now the alarm is no longer but if they say it is factory they will have to disable it you can't not with out shutting down whole electrical system

Jnovack
Thanks for your help!

Jana_leigh14
If any water gets near fuses or body module on drivers side inside will cause this problem. Did to mine after a hard rain and after a few warm no rain days hooked battery back up and my jeep would work ok again. Mine has a cracked windshied and water is getting in near this area so try blowing this area out with air hose to remove the water if you have any could be your problem Time for a new windshied for me. After new windshied mine working the way it should. As for disable alarm dealership said with factory alarm they can, t turn off it, s located in body module at $1000.00 plus labour. Glad mine was only a bit of water. Hope this helps someone.

Kyleworm1953