WON'T START

2002 Jeep Liberty

2002 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 69000 miles

Hi,
The car cranks but never starts. I have done everything. The starter, sensor, etc. Was wondering if it is okay to put a computer of an exact same year make model car. Do I have to reprogram or just replacing/swapping it would be fine?

Misheel

Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Yes. I have tried that with the spark plugs. There is no spark. The fuel pump and the relay seem to work. When I turn the ignition on power comes to the engine and fuses. So, I'm guessing it's not the ignition and there's no distributor. I came to a conclusion that it is the computer. The dealer is like 700 including the reprogramming. Is there any cheaper way I can go? Aftermarket is cheaper but is it reliable? And if I buy one where's the good place to reprogram it?

Misheel
No spark and distributor: Inspect and Test the crankshaft position sensor

Crankshaft position sensor had been replaced. : [

Misheel
Last stop is the computer if the ignition control module checks out

Thank you sir so much =]

Misheel