PROBLEMS WITH FAN

2001 Jeep Laredo

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Jeep Laredo 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200300 miles

Check engine light came on the other day. Then the next day it started to run rough. Sounded like the fan was knocking. When you turn it off there is a motor sound like its trying to turn on. Drove it all day today and never noticed the fan coming on. When I got home the fan would not turn off. After 30 minutes I had to disconnect it. Remind you its 35 degrees here and the car didn't go over 210 temp. Had Auto Zone read the code for the engine light and it said Secondary Air System- Air mass flow sensor disconnected or stuck signal. They suggested fuel injector cleaner, did it, nothing. Please help!
Snikta4

MAF os mass air flow sensor has nothing to do with cleaning the injectors, a lean code maybe! MAF is in the airway of the air intake tube between the engine and air filter, check the connector, and at 200,000 it's a good bet the sensor itself is probably no good. The cooling fan is another issue, check the ECT=engine coolant temp sensor for that problem, it seems to be out of range as well!

Merlin2021