WON'T START

1997 Jeep Laredo

1997 Jeep Laredo 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 131000 miles

I have my 97 jeep grand cherokee and it has done me good for a long time. I just went out and it would not start. I replaced the coil, pickup coil and still have no fire to the plugs. I checked the coil with an ohm meter and soon as you turn the key on it shows 12 volts then drops to.02 immediately.
What could be wrong now. The only codes it shows is 12 which means the battery has been disconnected and 55 which means end of codes.
Please if you have any info would be greatly appreciated.
Rick2bad2003

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

No. There is no spark whatsoever. I put a ohm meter on my coil and it throws a 12 volt then drops to.02 immediately. I have changed my coil and pickup coil. Even the jeep garage mechanic don't know what would be wrong.

Someone please help. I am at my end.

Rick2bad2003
Inspect and test the crankshaft position sensor.

I did that just an hour ago with the crank shaft sensor and replaced it also. STILL nothing. I even bought a new battery. I just don't know.

Rick2bad2003
Double check everything that you have checked, How about the ignition control module, if there's no module check the computer

Ok. I just unplugged my my map sensor and it started then died. Plug it back in and it don't run at all. I just replaced the map sensor so that is out now.
Still don't start. It tries to start up but doesn't go ahead and run. Just fires then just cranks.

What in the world would keep it from starting now?

Rick2bad2003