DRAIN HOLE

1996 Jeep Laredo

Air Conditioning problem
1996 Jeep Laredo V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 133250 miles

where is the drain hole for the a/c unit
Randyng

ON THE FIREWALL (ENGINE SIDE) OPPOSITE THE HVAC UNIT (INSIDE)

CENTER OR SLIGHTLY TOWARDS THE PASSENGER SIDE. IT WILL BE LOW FROM UNDERNEATH MAY BE THE BEST/EZist WAY GET TO IT

Thank you, will undertake solution in morning.

Bthom
HAVING DONE THIS TASK ON VEHICLES FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY

I'VE FOUND THAT "POKING" SOMETHING IN THERE, OR EVEN COMPRESSED AIR. DOES UNSTOP IT

UNFORTUNATELY, IT MAY NOT LAST A LONG TIME. YOU HAVE "CRAMMED" THE PROBLEM BACK IN, ONLY TO HAUNT YOU AT A LATER DATE.

I HAVE IMPLEMENTED THE USE OF SPECIAL CJ MEDEVAC-O-MATIC EQUIPMENT THAT USUALLY WORKS A LOT LONGER

ALTHOUGH IT IS SOMEWHAT DISPOSABLE, BUT EZ TO REASSEMBLE. I KEEP SOME OF THE "CUSTOM BENT NOZZLES" AROUND TO USE AGAIN

ESPECIALLY FOR USE ON MY MOM'S '86 THUNDERBIRD (WHICH SEEMS TO BE MY BIGGEST CLIENT) THESE WERE BEFORE "CABIN FILTERS" CAME ABOUT, SO 26 YEARS OF DUST AND DIRT HAS GOTTEN IN THERE

I ACCESS HERS FROM UNDER THE HOOD

VERY EZ!

HER'S IS REALLY HARD TO GET TO, WITH YOUR HEAD, FLASHLIGHT AND HANDS ALL IN THE SAME CONFINED AREA, IT'S A PAIN!

I TOOK A PIECE OF 3/8" COPPER TUBING ABOUT 3 FEET LONG (IMMA PLUMBER) AND BENT IT TO CONFORM TO ALL OF THE "WIGGLES" IN ORDER TO GET TO, AND "JUST INSIDE" THE RUBBER A/C CONDENSATE DRAIN SNOUT (THE LAST BEND IS A GENTLE SWEEPING "90")

I'VE GOT IT DOWN TO A SCIENCE GETTING THEM TO "DOCK TOGETHER" IN A TIMELY MANNER

HERE'S THE BEST PART!

SHOVE THE OTHER END OF THE TUBING INSIDE THE OLE SHOP VAC HOSE ABOUT 6 INCHES AND USE DUCT TAPE TO SEAL THE TWO PARTS TOGETHER

CRANK UP THE SHOP-VAC, AND NOT ONLY DO YOU "GRAB" THE STOPPAGE, BUT ALL OF THE WATER REMAINING IN THE HVAC UNIT, COMES OUT AT A HIGH RATE OF FLOW (WHILE THE SHOP-VAC IS STILL ON) THIS DRAGS OUT EVEN MORE CRAP THAT MIGHT BE A FUTURE PROBLEM

USE YOUR IMAGINATION, AND WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE ON HAND TO MAKE YOUR OWN SUCTION NOZZLEYOUR UNIT MIGHT BE EZier TO ACCESS THAN MY EXAMPLE

I'VE BEEN A JEEP GUY FOREVER (AND NOTHING ELSE). SEE MY BEST ANSWERS IN THE CJ 5 AND CJ 5 FORUMS HERE AT 2CAR

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES