BACKUP LIGHTS NOT WORKING

1988 Jeep Laredo

1988 Jeep Laredo 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 225000 miles

Where does the power come from for the back up lights?

I've got the wire traced back wards form the light to under the dash but I don't know where they are supposed to be getting power from.

The fuse panel has a fuse marked Turn BU I had assumed it was supposed to be back up but I don't think so any more. Seems like the back up lights would flash with the blinker if they were working.

I did find one drawing that shows the back up lights going through a the fuse marked trans and then through the fuse marked gauges. ?

Yes I have checked the lamps and the fuses. The switch on the transmission is good too.
Pyrolater

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1998_jeep_cherokee_laredo_back_up_light_wire_diagram_1.jpg

First of all thank you so much for your donation.You need to check and see if you have you have power to both side's of the fuse number 6 in the inside fuse box on the passenger side.Also how did you check the back up switch?Do you have a multimeter?

Cool. I'll put that some place I won't lose it and hopefully I won't need it.

Pyrolater