ENGINE STALLS

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 210000 miles

While driving, the engine justs cuts off. In the beginning it would come back and regain itself. It did this quite often for 2 or 3 months. Then it just wouldn't start one day. Towed into shop and mechanic put on new starter, starter relay and a new catalytic converter. Got car back, and engine still did same thing. Back to mechanic. Put on ECM, radiator hose, crank sensor, Flash ECM. Got car back. Three days later tow truck pulled me back to garage. He replaced ECM. Two days later car would not start. Hour later it started.I held my breath and went to town. Did fine . Yesterday it cut out on me in middle of traffic and I got to the left of road. After about 15 min. It started back. My mechanic says it will not duplicate problem. Any suggestions?
My lady

To catch this problem do below

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing