SECURITY SYSTEM WON'T LET ME START

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

I have a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo that is having " issues". I get in it to start it and it doesn't even turn over, then the lights start flashing and the interior security light starts blinking. I have to get out of the car, lock the door, unlock the door to disable the security, then try to start it again. I have to do this over, and over, and over, until finally the jeep starts. It almost acts as if there is a kill switch that is screwing up and preventing me from starting the car. The thing is, I had a mechanic friend of mine look at it and he says there is not a kill switch. What the heck is going on and how can I fix this cheaply. Money is definitely an issue.
Atticus0420

I was told the security system is at fault, and would need to be replace! Only choice is to do what you are doing and enter with key through passenger door.

Jeepguy66